Urban October is an initiative organized by UN-Habitat which discusses the challenges and opportunities that occur because of the fast changes in our cities and towns.
Part of Urban October is:
- World Habitat Day, which is celebrated starting the 5th of October, and will discuss Housing For All: A Better Urban Future. Everyone has the basic right to adequate shelter.
- World Cities Day, at the end of the month on the 31st of October, that advocates better cities and life, with the sub-theme: Valuing our communities and cities. This year is focused on sustainable urban development.
Watch Paper City, a stop-motion video made of animated photo stills portraying today’s urban challenges and possible solutions using a paper and cardboard mock city.
- Draw the horizon line in the middle of your page.
- In the middle of the horizon line, make a point or mark. This is called the vanishing point. It will be your reference for the angled lines that you draw.
- Follow the instructions in the video tutorial to draw different shapes, forms and details of the buildings in your cityscape.
- Once you are done with your drawing, you can outline it and then color it in.
Materials you will use from this box:
- A3 size Watercolor paper
- Ruler 30cm
- Watercolor Pencils Set
- 2no.s Paint brushes
- Fine Liner Drawing Pen (black)